Monday, September 13, 2010

A small insight on the person called Carlos

About Me….



Alright, here we go…my 1st blog. First off, my name full name is Juan Carlos Solis Junior; even though my first name is Juan, I have been called Carlos since birth. Why? I don’t know so don’t bother. Legend has it my Grandma was the first one to call me an actual name (parents called me baby names, nicknames, & what not) & she called me Carlos because I didn’t look like a Juan & thus, the name Carlos stuck.

Alirght, enough about my name; I was born May 21st, 1995. I was born & raised here in Chicago & graduated from St. Gall Elementary. Oh yea, I’m 100% Mexican (who doesn’t speak Spanish that well) & if there’s anything you should know about me is this; I’m a HUGE Cubs Fan! Being a Cubs fan comes from being a baseball fan. I’ve been playing organized baseball since I was 4. Baseball would be my dream job (like MANY other kids across the nation) but I know it’ll be hard to get there. My main interests involve:

Science/Astronomy:
Even with the limited view we have in Chicago, I can stay up all night looking at the sky with my cheap $60 telescope from target. That's how much i like astronomy. Also, ALL of science is fascinating to me. It's so freaking amazing!

Psychology & the brain: the brain, i believe is the single most fascinating thing on the planet. The aspect of a subconscious simply blows me away. We spend roughly 1/3 of our lives sleeping and every time we sleep our subconscious screams stuff at us!; & we barely hear a word of it.

Baseball & the Cubs (sports): I KNOW they haven’t won a World Series in 100+ years (& counting) but that's why they're called the loveable loser. If there's anything to know about me it's i a Cubs Fan & I play baseball. Baseball is my passion. It's the "…only field of endeavor where a man can succeed 3 out of 10 times and be considered great". The best part is, it's truly never over until it's over. Throughout the history of baseball, things have happened that not even Hollywood could script. That's why I love it.

(Other) Things to know: I live with both my parents (yes, they're divorced [note, they never got married so yea...]) I have a chipped tooth (did that in 6th grade playing football). I played the trumpet for 5 years in grade school. Math is my best/favorite subject along with science (although it doesn’t come to me as naturally as science). I like to laugh. I love a good challenge (even if I have no chance). I’m a nice person but if you’re mean to for reasons I can’t understand, I’ll be an ass too you. Anything short of an ‘A’ I see as a failure. I forgive but I most certainly don’t forget! Lastly, I truly, absolutely, love my parents, whom without; I wouldn’t be one fourth the person I am today.

Lastly, these things are beliefs, opinions I’d like yous to know about me. I like to believe there’s always a bright side. I believe in a God/afterlife & even if there isn’t why not? It’s there to believe in for a reason; because when all is said & done life sucks, it truly does & we all need hope in our lives along with someone to comfort us. That’s what religion is for; it’s for something to believe in & comfort us in our times of need. I use the saying “there’s always somebody better than you” told to me by my dad, to motivate me in everything.

And most importantly I live my life by what I have to say next. I try my best, try to be the best at everything I do, everything! Because even if I don’t end up being the best it’s the satisfaction I get from myself that I knew I did everything I could do. Why do I do this? Why wouldn’t you! If you’re not going to try your best at everything you do, then what’s the point of doing it in the first place? Think about it, if you have to do it, why not do/be the best you can do/be?

Hope my blog wasn’t too bad. Also, whoever reads this that doesn’t know me I’m a friendly person so don’t be think twice about wanting to talk to me if you see me and want to get to know me.

Bye for today!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Carlos I'm Luis. If you don't remember me let me jog your memory. Do you remember the few days before freshmen year where the freshmen had a chance to go around the school and find where your classes would be. I didn't have a schedule at the time so I was told to follow you around. Remember me now? We had no classes together in freshmen year but now we're in the same American Lit class. What are the odds right? So with that said hope the school year goes great for you and i'll enjoy working along side you.


    On a side note: My cousin is also named Juan Carlos yet throughout his life he was called Carlos. So it ain't so odd. See ya in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that all of your interest's are really cool exept that you're a cubs fan because everyone knows the White Sox are the best

    ReplyDelete