Monday, October 25, 2010

I knew was truly an American when...

I;d have to say when i learned our National Anthem in 3rd grade. The words, so strong & so true, they say everything perfectly! Every time i here the song, i cant help but think of how great a country this is & how proud & lucky i am to be a citizen of it. Also, at that point i was proud to be an American, i also realized the real blow of 9/11 that year during Sept. Books i read (that i dont recall) about the wars we fought in, movies i watched. it all clicked on how i was proud to be a citizen of America & call myself an American

2 comments:

  1. So are you basically saying that connecting to the words of the national anthem make you an American? Can the points i the anthem be applied to other societies, as well? Can you be American without ever setting foot in America, yet holding these views true?

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I knew I was an American is very similar to when you realized you were an American because I was learning about American History and all the wars America was involved in and I was proud to be an American

    ReplyDelete